Hi, car lover! Welcome to a great edition of another car review. Today we will be looking at “how long do range rovers last.”
Range Rover is a British luxury SUV launched in 1970, and it was tagged “exemplary work of industrial design.” by Musee du Louvre in Paris, France.
Entail in the article is all the essential information you need about this great work of art car.
These Are The Top Points In The Article
- 1 How long do Range Rovers last?
- 2 How Reliable Is a Range Rover?
- 3 Does the Range Rover have problems?
- 4 Is Range Rover expensive to maintain?
- 5 Are Range Rovers good after 100 000 miles?
- 6 How long do Range Rovers last before rust Easily?
- 7 What is High Mileage for a Range Rover?
- 8 How long does Range Rover last in comparison to similar car models?
- 9 How Long Do the Range Rover Brakes Last?
- 10 How Long Do the Range Rover Tires Last?
- 11 How Long Do the Range Rover Transmissions Last?
- 12 How Long Do Range Rover Batteries Last?
- 13 How Long Do the Range Rover Spark Plugs Last?
- 14 How much is Range Rover Insurance Cost?
- 15 What is the Worst Range Rover model?
- 16 What is the Best Range Rover model?
- 17 Tips to improve your Range Rover’s Durability:
- 18 Watch Video| How Long Do Range Rovers Last
- 19 Conclusion
How long do Range Rovers last?
A Range Rover can last between 10 to 13 years, translated to 150,000 to 200,000 miles, if appropriately driven, serviced regularly, and properly maintained. This is based on an annual mileage of 15,000 miles.
How Reliable Is a Range Rover?
The reliability and durability of the Range Rovers are somehow contradictory. In terms of reliability, the Range Rover is rated at a below-average score compared to other SUVs. However, excel as a luxury SUV. According to Repairpal, the Range Rover is rated 2/5, placing it in the 15th position out of 19 full-size SUV cars.
Other reliability scorecard includes:
- J.D. Power based on consumers reliability scale, rated Range Rover 74/100
- Consumer Reports scored the 2021 Range Rover a 1.0 / 5.0 based on a calculated reliability index.
Also, Range Rover is said to be a dependable SUV despite it being highly luxurious and desirable.
Does the Range Rover have problems?
The car industry has recorded an average of 121 problems reported per 100 vehicles by owners of Range Rovers.
Also, Land Rover (a model of Range Rover) has recorded an average of 244 problems per 100 vehicles, which does not speak well of the brand.
Is Range Rover expensive to maintain?
Range Rover is not very expensive to maintain as it only cost about $1,258 for annual maintenance and repair, while the average yearly service and maintenance cost for typical luxury SUVs is $1,127
Are Range Rovers good after 100 000 miles?
Experts have warned that it is safer to avoid Range Rover cars with more than 100,000 miles. However, a Range Rover can still be good if it is appropriately maintained during its usage.
How long do Range Rovers last before rust Easily?
Recent models of Range Rovers are rust resilient with advanced rustproofing and paint processes. But older Range Rovers models were recorded as having rust issues, especially within three (3) years of ownership.
However, all Range Rover models have a 6-year unlimited mileage corrosion warranty that protects them against rust.
Range Rovers in humid climates, coastal and swampy areas tend to be more prone to rust. So if you live in such rust-prone regions, it is required you take additional rustproofing protection.
- Regular hosing of your wheel wells, rear bumper cover, and other parts.
- Regular washing of the car
- Wax coating
What is High Mileage for a Range Rover?
Eighty thousand miles is considered high mileage for Range Rover. It is deemed risky to buy such a car due to its susceptibility to the increased chance of transmission failure, engine failure, and potential malfunction.
In buying a used Range Rover, you need to do a thorough checking and careful examination of the car overall; parts. However, there are certain factors you need to consider before buying a used Range Rover. They are:
- The number of previous owners. A general rule states that the fewer owners, the better, the more owners, the risker it is. If more than three previous individuals drive the car, you shouldn’t buy it as it will have a greater chance of tear and wear.
- Maintenance history. Confirm whether the owner/owners always keep to the scheduled maintenance timetable together with the proof of such activities.
- Check the CarFax. The Carfax help give you a clearer picture of the wear and tear the car may be experiencing. Do check it carefully; if the wear and tear are at a minimal stage, you can go with it. But if not, that is, if it is at a critical stage, it should be avoided.
- Consult a professional: If you don’t have a good knowledge of cars, consult a mechanic or car technician before buying one.
How long does Range Rover last in comparison to similar car models?
Contained in this table are the different ways in which Range Rover differs from other similar car models.
|Range Rover||BMW X5||Mercedes-Benz GLE||Porsche Cayenne|
|Range Rover is a British luxury SUV launched in 1970, and it was tagged “exemplary work of industrial design.” It is known for its great luxurious design and architecture among the SUVs.||BMW’s X5 is Germany’s first SUV launched in 1998 and globally recognized for its powertrain structure, integrated infotainment.||The Mercedes-Benz GLE is another German SUV similar to the Range Rover in capacity, size, performance, and capability.||Porsche was introduced into the market in 2003 with its luxury SUV model, the Cayenne.|
|In terms of durability, a Range Rover can last between 10 to 13 years, translated to 150,000 to 200,000 miles, if appropriately driven, serviced regularly, and properly maintained.||Like the Range Rover in terms of reliability, the BMW X5 can last for 10 to 13 years, translated to be 150,000 – 200,000 miles.|
|The Benz GLE can last for 10 to 13 years, translated to 150,000 to 200,000 miles, like the Range Rover.||The Cayenne can last for 10 to 13 years, translated to 150,000 to 200,000 miles, like the Range Rover.|
|In terms of reliability, the Range Rover is rated 2/5, which is a below-average score placing it on 15th out of 19 full-size SUVs.|
|The X5, similar to the Range Rover, scores 2.0/5, placing it as 13th out of 19 full-size SUVs in terms of reliability.|
|The GLE was rated a below-average score of 3% lower than its rivals in terms of reliability.|
|In terms of reliability, The Cayenne is scored a 1.5/5.0, which is below average, placing it as 14th out of 14 in its class.|
|The annual maintenance cost of Range Rover is $1258 per annum||The yearly maintenance cost is $1, 1666 which is cheaper than that of the Range Rover.||The annual maintenance cost of a GLE is $1,200, which is $58 cheaper than Range Rover.||The annual maintenance cost of a Cayenne is $1,200, which is $58 cheaper than that of a Range Rover.|
How Long Do the Range Rover Brakes Last?
Range Rover brake pads can last for 2 to 5 years which is 30,000 to 70,000 miles. However, the longevity of your brake can be shortened or extended depending on your car driving habits and braking skills.
- The No1 cause of premature brake pad wear is Range Rover is the full stop from high speed.
How Long Do the Range Rover Tires Last?
A Range Rover’s tires can last for 3 to 5 years on a mileage of 50,000 – 60,000 before requiring replacement. Also, factors such as driving habits, climate, and road conditions affect the longevity of your tires.
- Ensure that your tire is rotated every 5,000 miles to ensure balancing and even wear.
- Regularly check the tire pressures to ensure they are of sound pressure.
- Take your car to the mechanic to check the wheel alignment every six months.
How Long Do the Range Rover Transmissions Last?
Range Rover transmissions can last for 10 to 13 years, translated to 150,000 – 200,000 miles with proper maintenance.
- Do note that the two latest models of Range Rovers are infused with Z.F. automatic transmission.s
How Long Do Range Rover Batteries Last?
Range Rover batteries can last for 3-5 years. Factors that affect the batteries life include:
- driving habits
How Long Do the Range Rover Spark Plugs Last?
Range Rover spark typically last for 30,000 miles, before needing a significant requirement,
Factors that influence the lifespan of a Spark Plug is:
- Quality fuel
- Smooth driving
- Fewer emissions
How much is Range Rover Insurance Cost?
The average cost for fully comprehensive insurance coverage is $2,372 annually or $197 monthly. This is more expensive than an average luxury SUV which costs $2,044 per year for full insurance coverage.
However, the Insurance costs vary from person to person; and place to place.
What is the Worst Range Rover model?
The 1998 Range Rover model is regarded the worst as it has recorded more problems than other models so far. Most of the issues reported were on brakes and A.C./heater functions.
Some of the common problems reported by Range Rover owners include:
- Premature earing of engine timing chain
- Dysfunctional acceleration due to gear shift module
- Defective fuel flange
- Failure of air suspension
- Faulty Brakes
- Dysfunctional seat heaters and audio system
What is the Best Range Rover model?
The 2021 Range Rover model is the best Range Rover due to its luxurious features like the new Cabin Air Filtration System. Also, this 2021 model scored a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating, the highest ratings given for vehicles for pedestrian protection in this class of cars.
Also, J.D. Power gives the 2021 model a reliability score of 74/100.
Other great features of this model include:
- Automated emergency braking
- Lane Departure Warning
- Voice Recorder
- 360 Parking Aid
- Driver Condition Monitor
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Adaptive Speed Limiter
- Head-Up Display
Tips to improve your Range Rover’s Durability:
- Regular oil changes
- Regular Tire rotations
- Regular service appointments
- Usage of quality oil, fuels, and parts
- Proper Driving
- Regular checking of fluid
- Treat all problems with urgency
Watch Video| How Long Do Range Rovers Last
I hope you enjoyed and found this review helpful. For further read, do check this out. “Where are Subaru foresters made”